Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Recession Consumption: Happy Hour - FISH

Being a Florida girl I've never met an oyster I didn't like, so when friends called and asked if I wanted to try the oyster special at FISH (280 Bleeker Street between 6th and 7th) I couldn't pass it up.

It was a Friday night around 6:00p.m. and we had no trouble getting a table for four. It wasn't terribly crowded or loud, so we could talk without shouting. Best of all, not only do they have the Oyster Appetizer Special -- $8.00 for half a dozen oysters plus a beer (Pabst Blue Ribbon) or a glass of red or white wine -- they also have all beers on tap during happy hour for $4.00. PBR is always $2.00. I started with a $4.00 Blue Moon as I couldn't resist the price -- where else can you get Blue Moon for 4 bucks in a restaurant? -- then moved to the PBR with my delicious oysters. If you're not looking to eat a lot, this is a great deal. Full meals at this place are not recession priced, but for a quick, fun appetizer, check it out.

We then moved on to KETTLE OF FISH (59 Christopher) which I knew nothing about, but you can read a review if you click the highlighted area. Anyway, they also had a good drink special -- $3.50 for any beers on tap -- and they were also not very crowded; we easily scored a four top and didn't have to shout to be heard.

No comments: