Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Save On Your Time Warner Bill Without Haggling

Consumerist.com is a great blog and abounds with posts to cut your cable bill by threatening to cancel (or by asking for a better price or by deception).

If you want to haggle, more power to you. If you want to save money with less hassle and you have Time Warner Cable, simply use the Price Lock Guarantee option.

After I called Time Warner (1800OKCABLE) to take advantage of the Price Lock guarantee, they discounted my current service to less than what I had been paying, and I am insulated from price increases for 24 months.

Caveat: there is a penalty for early termination, but that's only if you cancel TWC service altogether. Since the wife and I are not moving any time soon, it was a no-brainer to save ourselves $12/mo ($288 over 2 years)*.

And don't forget to take advantage of the Free Movies On Demand that are probably already a part of your package.

*we have DTValue package + high-speed online. Savings vary by package.
Photo by Darren Hester

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm not sure where to give you a heads up on this, but I saw an interesting twist on the whole student rush tickets thing for broadway shows.

Mike Birbiglia, the hilarious comic, is offering "student/broke 20-something rush tickets" for his off-broadway show, "sleepwalk with me."

$25 (tix are usually $50). people can either bring a student id or "proof of broke-ness" to the box office an hour before showtime.

so appropriate for these times!